Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The most AWESOMEST (ha ha) wedding reception

So, after a very fun wedding reception this past weekend, my sister Katie & I started planning my imaginary wedding reception. We both decided this will be the reception to end all receptions (this of course does not include Hope or Emily's receptions). For those of you who don't know....I am a HUGE 80's fan. I know it must be hard to imagine, but my entire wedding reception is going to be 80's themed. Instead of throwing the garter - throwing the legwarmer. Instead of throwing a bouquet of flower - a bouquet of scrunchies. Wedding part decked out in 80's gear (for the reception only) - this may limit the # of people in the wedding party, but I at least know Katie would be willing...Tab is a possibility...Hope is a negative....not sure about Emily..... But on to more details. A few years ago we went to another super fun wedding and they gave everyone mix cd's as wedding favors, of songs that meant a lot to them as a couple - it has become one of my favorites - so I figure I could give 80's mix CD's as favors. Each table at the wedding would have a theme - either a favorite song or movie of mine from the 80's. Location = well we thought it would be cool to have the reception in....a gymnasium. So we could decorate it like a cheesy high school prom from the 80's with a cheesy theme - like Under the Sea or Hawaiian Luau. So, as you can see I really have no life since my sister and I spent the better part of an hour (granted at least 30 minutes of this was in the car) brainstorming these ideas. The only problem is - I am single. Just a minute detail. So if anyone of you know someone named Jesse.....it would really help me out, because then I could really be Jesse's Girl :)

6 comments:

Hope said...

You know that I would love to be in your wedding!! Just not sold on the 80's style reception despite my love of 80's music! You could always start googling the name Jesse on the web and see what happens!

emily said...

I will SO rock the 80s for you. I'd do whatever you wanted..that's the whole point of "your day".

I don't know any Jesse, sorry. But I'll keep my eyes open. :)

Anonymous said...

Another idea could be to have the bridesmaids have big hair (80's style!).

emily said...

Hey guess what just came out on DVD...I'll give you a clue. No, TWO clues.

1) One is a genius
2) The other's insane.

emily said...

Where are you? Your avatar changes her clothes, but you're not saying anything. Talk to me!

Hope said...

You've been tagged...visit it my blog to see!